Polish Breeders Club

Membership Only 

Forums

Forum Home > Breed Listings > Working On New Breed

Paris Gannon

Well, now that the Patents & Trademarks have been filed, I have a little news. I am currently working on a new breed. I am calculating that it will take me at LEAST 7 more generations to get it right and breeding true. I am calling it a Paris Faerie Houdan. It is a bird that the Houdan has been used to create. It will closely resemble the Mottled Houdan, but have COLOR. Right now, I have a pretty Red Paris Faerie Houdan that is CLOSE to what I am after! I will post pics!

--

See my flock

http://poultryone.com/photo/main.php?g2_itemId=4105

December 19, 2009 at 4:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

polishbreedersclub

Paris,

I'm totally confused! While creating a new breed is exciting, you can not call your creation a Houdan since they already excist!  I'm also not aware of any patents or trademarks that deal with a chickens name. First you would need the support of the club for a crested creation. To do this I and the other officers would like to see your proposed standard desription and then we would discuss such a venture at our club meeting.

Sounds like your proposing a new color to a excisting breed. Could you email me your propsed standard for this venture at [email protected]

You may also want to consult the APA and ABA on the guidlines for getting a new breed into the standard. But again, sounds like your proposing a new color only.

I did look at your site and didn't see to many show quality birds, what are you using to make these Paris Faerie birds?

Jim

--

Sherry Parker

Polish Breeders Club president

December 20, 2009 at 9:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paris Gannon

It is a work in progress. I am still looking for the right birds for this project. They are going to be quite similar to the Houdans & as I get the specifacations completed, I will submit them for (hopefully) approval. I have 2 that are close to what I am after. Will take a few years (hopefully only 5 or 6) to get them where I want them. The name can be altered, that is not a problem. I do not wish to commit any infractions of laws or bi-laws. I should have SOMETHING for consideration by the end of the summer. At least my proposal of specifacations. I realize that it ia a long drawn out process, and appreciate any info/suggestions.

--

See my flock

http://poultryone.com/photo/main.php?g2_itemId=4105

December 26, 2009 at 1:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

polishbreedersclub

Paris,

My suggestion would be to step back and look this project over again. To have your "specifications" by summer seems like you have no set plan for this new breed. You should have this now and then try to breed for it.

I am also very confused at what your trying to make. A new color of Houdan or a new breed. Email me what your initial standard is privately at [email protected]

I would love to see exactly what direction you are trying to go.

Jim

--

Sherry Parker

Polish Breeders Club president

December 26, 2009 at 8:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ladyhen

Paris Gannon at December 19, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Well, now that the Patents & Trademarks have been filed, I have a little news. I am currently working on a new breed. I am calculating that it will take me at LEAST 7 more generations to get it right and breeding true. I am calling it a Paris Faerie Houdan. It is a bird that the Houdan has been used to create. It will closely resemble the Mottled Houdan, but have COLOR. Right now, I have a pretty Red Paris Faerie Houdan that is CLOSE to what I am after! I will post pics!

I WOULD LIKE TO GET POLISH FRIZZLE EGGS OR BIRDS

JUDY

--
July 13, 2010 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.